Within the Institute, a leadership team meets on a monthly basis. The leadership team is:
- Professor Greg Leslie, Director, UNSW-GWI; Director, UNESCO Centre for Membrane Science and Technology
- Associate Professor Martin Andersen, Director, Connected Waters Initiative
- Scientia Fellow Ben Milligan, Faculty of Law
- Professor Matthew Kearnes, Environmental Humanities Group
- Professor Richard Kingsford, Director, Centre for Ecosystem Science
- Professor Mary-Louise Mclaws, Professor Epidemiology, Healthcare Infection and Infectious Diseases Control
- Professor Steven Sherwood, Director Climate Change Research Centre
- Professor Dennis O'Carroll, Director, Water Research Laboratory
- Professor Paul Gribben, Director, Centre for Marine Science and Innovation
- Scientia Professor David Waite, Director, Centre for Transformational Environmental Technologies
- Dr Kefeng Zhang, Senior Research Associate, Water Green Urban Management
UNSW-GWI is overseen by a Steering Committee of Deans chaired by Professor Stephen Foster as lead Dean (Engineering); accompanied by Professor Scott Kable, Acting Dean of Science; Professor Cameron Holley, Head of School for the School of Law, Society and Criminology; Professor Claire Annesley, Dean of Art Design and Architecture; and Professor Gregory Leslie, Director of UNSW-GWI.
International Advisory Committee
UNSW-GWI receives advice from an international panel of renowned global water experts, spanning many sectors and geographies.